- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Lush tropical vegetation filled with parrots, tree frogs, and turtles has been part of the experience at this Caracas landmark since it opened in 1950. It's truly memorable just to arrive here: the mostly open-air restaurant is perched just below the Ávila, and the moment you walk through the front gate you see cages of colorful birds and waitors scurrying about carrying trays laden with cuts of meat. There's definitely a theme-park feeling here, but it's fun just the same, espeically on a sunny, breezy afternoon. On the menu you will find well-prepared (if not life-changing) grilled steaks and seafood. The mango flambé à la mode is a delightful way to end your meal.
- Address: Av. San Juan de Bosco at Decima Transversal, Altamira, Caracas
- Phone: 0212/261–8419
- Location: Caracas
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I am planning a trip to Colombia for 2 weeks beginning on june 27th. I am a female traveling alone (which I am quite used too). I am wondering if it is safe? From what I have read so far, I Read more
Within November/December 2009 we have been to Venezuela, travelling independently and using public transport. Read more
I spent 2 nights in Posada La Casita at Ciudad Bolivar : basic bungalow with a lot of mosquitos and i was bitten seriously each night despite the repellent sprayed in the room and on my body. Read more