Nightlife & the Arts in Caracas
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Monday must be the only night Caraqueños get any sleep, because Tuesday seems to be the unofficial start of the weekend. By Saturday the whole population appears to be out on the town. As in much of Latin America, the nightlife doesn't really get swinging until close to midnight. The trendy Las Mercedes neighborhood, packed with cafés, restaurants, bars, and dance clubs, is the place to be on Friday and Saturday. Although Caracas is generally pretty casual, clubs often require men to wear jackets. Take a taxi after dark no matter where you go or how short the distance.
Browse Caracas Nightlife
Browse Caracas Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's