- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Buenos Aires
At a Glance
- Excellent value, considering the quality of accommodations
- peaceful location
- river views from many rooms
- great spa
- It's a 15-minute drive or taxi-ride north of the Barrio Histórico
- lots of noisy kids on weekends
- staff are slow and sometimes unhelpful
Check Rates from our Partners
Sheraton Colonia Review
This riverside hotel and spa is fast becoming a favorite with weekend visitors from Buenos Aires. It's easy to see why. Materials like copper, terra-cotta, and golden-colored stone add warm touches to the airy, light-filled atrium. So does the massive wood-fronted fireplace, which is always lit in winter. Rooms have handmade woolen bed throws that take the edge off the elegant, but rather generic, furniture. You can walk straight out onto the golf course and the sandy river beaches—who cares about the muddy water when you've got two gorgeous pools (one heated) to play in? Plan your visit mid-week, when the rooms and spa packages are heavily discounted.
- Address: Cont. Rambla de las Américas s/n, Colonia del Sacramento, 70000 | Map It
- Phone: 054/29–000
- Website: www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1534
- Location: Colonia del Sacramento
- 88 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year DH and I spent a week in Uruguay - Montevideo and up the Coast. Read more
As I posted on my planning thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/south-america/need-help-urgently-with-planning-eight-week-trip.cfm ) I'm a mid sixties, solo, female traveler, headed to South America Read more
fairly hypothetically speaking, I have been interested in road tripping the South American continent over a 12 to 18 month period for some time and figure should start doing some more digging. Read more
· News & Features
With sunny beaches and excellent wineries on Uruguay's southern coast, Punta del Este is a favorite ... Read more
Within Uruguay’s borders are some of the top beaches in South America—and now is the prime... Read more