- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Buenos Aires
It's in the heart of the Barrio Histórico, but chef Nicolás Díaz Ibarguren's fresh take on local ingredients is very now. The fish of the day comes in a cashew crust and chili sauce, and the minty, garlicky lamb is served with fried polenta chips. Set on a quiet corner, the renovated old house is light and breezy during the day, and its modern, dark wooden tables are candlelit at night.
- Address: Calle del Comercio and De la Playa, Colonia del Sacramento, 70000
- Phone: 052/29–245
- Location: Colonia del Sacramento
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Wed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year DH and I spent a week in Uruguay - Montevideo and up the Coast. Read more
As I posted on my planning thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/south-america/need-help-urgently-with-planning-eight-week-trip.cfm ) I'm a mid sixties, solo, female traveler, headed to South America Read more
fairly hypothetically speaking, I have been interested in road tripping the South American continent over a 12 to 18 month period for some time and figure should start doing some more digging. Read more
· News & Features
With sunny beaches and excellent wineries on Uruguay's southern coast, Punta del Este is a favorite ... Read more
Within Uruguay’s borders are some of the top beaches in South America—and now is the prime... Read more