- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Buenos Aires
La Florida Review
The black-and-white photos, lace tablecloths, and quaint knickknacks that clutter this long, low house belie the fact that it was once a brothel. It still has private rooms, but it's dining that politicians and the occasional celeb rent them for these days. You, too, can ask to be seated in one, but consider the airy back dining room, which has views over the river. It's hard to say whether it's the flamboyant French-Argentine owner's tall tales that keep regulars returning or his excellent cooking. Specialties include kingfish, sole, and salmon cooked to order: you can suggest sauces of your own or go with house suggestions like orange-infused cream.
- Address: Florida 215, Colonia del Sacramento, 70000
- Phone: 094/29–3036
- Location: Colonia del Sacramento
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last year DH and I spent a week in Uruguay - Montevideo and up the Coast. Read more
As I posted on my planning thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/south-america/need-help-urgently-with-planning-eight-week-trip.cfm ) I'm a mid sixties, solo, female traveler, headed to South America Read more
fairly hypothetically speaking, I have been interested in road tripping the South American continent over a 12 to 18 month period for some time and figure should start doing some more digging. Read more
· News & Features
With sunny beaches and excellent wineries on Uruguay's southern coast, Punta del Este is a favorite ... Read more
Within Uruguay’s borders are some of the top beaches in South America—and now is the prime... Read more