The South Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A Cavalcade of Stars
Visitors to Punta del Este during its first heyday in the '50s and '60s rubbed shoulders with the likes of Ingmar Bergman and Yul Brynner. Even Brigitte Bardot, that then-icon of similarly themed St-Tropez, appeared here periodically. Today the town regularly rolls out the red carpet for supermodel Naomi Campbell and Latin singer Shakira. Ricky Martin, Madonna, Enrique Iglesias, Antonio Banderas, Pamela Anderson, Ralph Lauren, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, and Leonardo DiCaprio have done the Punta circuit, too. You never know who you might see. In season, that is.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's