Nightlife & the Arts in Montevideo
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
In Montevideo you'll find quiet, late-night bars, hip-hop clubs, and folk-music shows. The entertainment and cultural pages of local papers are the best sources of information; particularly useful is the Guía del Ocio, a magazine inserted into the Friday edition of the daily newspaper El País. With few exceptions, bars and clubs come to life around 1 am and don't close until it's time for breakfast.
Browse Montevideo Nightlife
Browse Montevideo Nightlife By Location
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe