Online Travel Tools
Andean Travel Web, an independent website, has great information about regional destinations. Assisting travelers is iPer, which has English- and Spanish-language information about the city and beyond. The website, in English and Spanish, is extremely helpful in planning your trip.
The most thorough information about Peru is available at South American Explorers. This nonprofit organization dispenses a wealth of information. You can also call ahead with questions, or just show up at its clubhouses in Lima (Miraflores) or Cusco (as well as Quito and Buenos Aires) and browse through the lending library and read trip reports filed by members. It costs $60 USD to join, and you can make up for that with discounts offered to members by hotels and tour operators.
All About Peru
Andean Travel Web (www.andeantravelweb.com.)
iPerú (01/574–8000 in Peru. www.peru.info.)
South American Explorers (Piura 135, Miraflores, Lima, 18. 01/444–2150 in Peru; 800/274–0568 in U.S. www.saexplorers.org.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's