Many people visiting Peru do so as part of a tour package. There is nothing wrong with that, especially for those who don't speak Spanish or are unaccustomed to foreign travel. On the other hand, do you really want to see the same sights as everyone else? There's no reason that you can't book your own tour. It's easy to arrange a custom itinerary with any travel agent.
Several Lima-based companies can arrange trips around the city as well as around the country. Long-established Lima Tours offers tours of the city and surrounding area as well as of the rest of the country. Lima Vision has some excellent tours, some of which include lunch at a traditional restaurant or a dinner show.
Lima Tours (Jr. de la Unión 1040, El Centro, Lima, 1. 01/619–6900. www.limatours.com.pe.)
Lima Vision (Jr. Chiclayo 444, Miraflores, Lima. 01/447–0482. www.limavision.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's