The fastest way to connect with the police is to dial 105. For fire, dial 116. The Tourism Police, part of the National Police of Per, exists for the security and protection of travelers. Officers are usually found around hotels, archaeological centers, museums, and any place that is frequently visited by tourists. They almost always speak English.
Australia (La Paz 1049, Miraflores, Lima, 18. 01/630-0500.)
Canada (Bolognesi 228, Miraflores, Lima, 18. 01/319–3200. www.peru.gc.ca.)
United Kingdom (Torre Parque Mar, José Larco 1301, 22nd Fl, Miraflores, Lima, 18. 01/617–3000. ukinperu.fco.gov.uk.)
United States (Av. La Encalada, Cuadra 17, Surco, Lima, 33. 01/618–2000. lima.usembassy.gov.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's