- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Posada del Sol
At a Glance
- central location near the Plaza de Armas
- comfortable beds
- noisy street frontage
- standard rooms only have internal windows
Check Rates from our Partners
Posada del Sol Review
Surly staff and a noisy street frontage take the shine off this small hotel in central Ica, yet given the dearth of decent lodgings it remains one of the best options in town. The rooms are clean but characterless, and some only have internal windows. The corner suites are far nicer with lots of natural light and space but are only for heavy sleepers on account of the horn-happy drivers on the road below.
- Address: Esquina Loreto y Salvaverry 193, Ica
- Phone: 056/238–446
- Location: Ica
- 50 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm aware many people have had problems trying to buy tickets to Machu Picchu on the government web site http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ including me.
Starting last weekend I made several attempts. At firs Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more