- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Bodega Vista Alegre
Bodega Vista Alegre Review
A sunny brick archway welcomes you to this large, pleasant winery, which has been producing fine wines, pisco, and sangria since it was founded by the Picasso brothers in 1857. The largest winery in the valley, this former monastry is a popular tour bus stop so come early to avoid the groups. Tours in English or Spanish take you through the vast pisco and wine-making facilities at this industrial winery before depositing you in the tasting room. Take a taxi or city bus 8 or 13 to get there. Don't walk from downtown Ica, as robberies have been reported along this route.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more