- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- fantastic pool area with hammocks for lounging
- dune-buggy service and sandboard rental
- attractively furnished rooms and common areas
- often full
- noisy parrots
Check Rates from our Partners
El Hauchachinero Review
Hands-down Huacachina's best budget lodging, this is a beautiful bargain in the oasis of Peru. Clean, safe, and with its own little bar featuring a mural of Ica's now-disappeared camel herd, this place is very popular, so call ahead or risk missing out. Thoughtful design touches are everywhere, from the Peruvian art and artesanía adorning the walls to the gorgeous bamboo fittings and wooden balconies and walkways. If you want to relax, the pool area with its hammocks for lounging in is super inviting. If you're feeling more adventurous, head out on a dune buggy and sandboarding tour. The collection of raucous parrots will ensure that you're up in time for breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm looking to spend 3 weeks in SA. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more