- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Carmelo Hotel & Hacienda
At a Glance
- wicker-filled open-air sitting room
- chance to see the pisco-making process up close
- zoo to entertain the kids
- out of town location
- rooms are on the small side
- beds are in need of upgrade
Check Rates from our Partners
El Carmelo Hotel & Hacienda Review
Hotel or bodega-related theme park? It's hard to tell at the oddball spot on the road between Ica and Huacachina, where rooms are built around a central courtyard complete with ancient grape press and working pisco distillery. It's strange but it works, giving the place a unique and charming air. There's something for everyone—an adventure playground for the kids, a small zoo, and of course, the bodega. Rooms are simple but comfortable with pastel furnishings and wood fittings. In March, you're invited to use your feet in the annual grape pressing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more