- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Casa-Museo Maria Reiche
Casa-Museo Maria Reiche Review
To see where a lifelong obsession with the Nazca Lines can lead you, head to the former home of the German anthropologist who devoted her life to studying the mystery of the lines. There's little explanatory material among the pottery, textiles, mummies, and skeletons from the Paracas, Nazca, Wari, Chincha, and Inca cultures, so don't expect any of the area's mysteries to be solved here, but the museum does a great job of showing the environment in which Maria Reiche lived and worked, and her vast collection of tools, notes, and sketches is impressive. Reiche, who died in 1998, is buried here in a small tomb. A scale model of the lines is behind the house. Take a bus from the Ormeño terminal to the Km 416 marker to reach the museum, which is 1 km (½ mile) from town.
- Address: Pan-American Hwy., Km 416, San Pablo
- Phone: 034/255734
- Cost: S/5
- Hours: Daily 9–4
- Location: Nazca
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm looking to spend 3 weeks in SA. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more