- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- fantastic location in front of the lagoon
- great pool
- the elegant lounge bar is the best spot in town from which to watch the sun set over the dunes
- rooms look a little tired
- hotel is often full with tour groups
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Mossone Review
Imagine life as it was in Huacachina's heyday in the oasis's original hotel. With a picture-postcard location fronting onto the lagoon and gorgeous Spanish colonial–style architecture, this dilapidated spot has lost the sparkle that made it so popular when it opened in the 1920s. An internal courtyard lined with tall ficus trees is the focal point of this century-old mansion. Watch out for Jennifer, the (male) tortoise who likes to stroll here during the day. Rooms look out onto gardens overflowing with flowers, and the elegant bar and restaurant have splendid lake views. The hotel provides free bicycles and sandboards for guests, but if you're staying elsewhere you can still stop in for excellent comida criolla (cuisine rich in peppers, onions and other spices), especially papas a la huancaina, a potato dish served with a creamy aji chili–based sauce.
- Address: Balneario de Huacachina s/n, Huacachina
- Phone: 056/213–630; 01/261–9605 in Lima
- Location: Huacachina
- 41 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
We received terrible service from Peru Best Tours perubesttours .com
Myself and 3 friends just finished our Peru itinerary with this travel agency.
So what went wrong?
This might be quite a unique story. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more