At a Glance
- fantastic location in front of the lagoon
- great pool
- the elegant lounge bar is the best spot in town from which to watch the sun set over the dunes
- rooms look a little tired
- hotel is often full with tour groups
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Mossone Review
Imagine life as it was in Huacachina's heyday in the oasis's original hotel. With a picture-postcard location fronting onto the lagoon and gorgeous Spanish colonial–style architecture, this dilapidated spot has lost the sparkle that made it so popular when it opened in the 1920s. An internal courtyard lined with tall ficus trees is the focal point of this century-old mansion. Watch out for Jennifer, the (male) tortoise who likes to stroll here during the day. Rooms look out onto gardens overflowing with flowers, and the elegant bar and restaurant have splendid lake views. The hotel provides free bicycles and sandboards for guests, but if you're staying elsewhere you can still stop in for excellent comida criolla (cuisine rich in peppers, onions and other spices), especially papas a la huancaina, a potato dish served with a creamy aji chili–based sauce.
- Address: Balneario de Huacachina s/n, Huacachina
- Phone: 056/213–630; 01/261–9605
- Location: Huacachina
- 41 rooms
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.