- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- peaceful atmosphere
- charming gardens
- good travel services
- out of town
- popular with tour groups
- some airplane noise
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Majoro Review
In fragrant gardens surrounded by cotton fields, this quiet, 80-year-old hacienda and former Augustine convent 1½ km (1 mi) from the airport offers a taste of life on a coastal farm. Set in 15 acres of gorgeous gardens, the hotel offers simple but charming rooms set around courtyards and overlooking colorful blossoms. Having been given a facelift in the last couple of years, the hotel feels reinvigorated, and you'll appreciate the Nazca-theme decorative touches. The excellent restaurant serves local specialties, and the English-speaking staff can organize horseback rides, mountain-bike trips, or four-wheel-drive excursions.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
We received terrible service from Peru Best Tours perubesttours .com
Myself and 3 friends just finished our Peru itinerary with this travel agency.
So what went wrong?
This might be quite a unique story. Read more
· News & Features
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more