- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- riverside location
- spectacular pool area
- river views from some rooms
- some rooms only have views to the lawn
- unimaginative room furnishings
- parking on the front lawns
Check Rates from our Partners
Villasol Hotel Review
Listen to the sounds of the Rio Cañete from your room or enjoy the river views while floating lazily in the swimming pool at this large hotel that makes the most of its spectacular riverside location. The pool area, with its terraced lawns, access to the riverbank, and two saunas, is a winner, as is the cavernous on-site restaurant. Ignore the terrible plastic floor tiles in the otherwise comfortably furnished rooms and head straight for the windows for the spectacular views over the Rio Cañete. A few extra dollars gets you a room with a private balcony and river views.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more