- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Carola del Sur
At a Glance
- good restaurant and bar
- pool has views of the dunes
- Huacachina's largest and longest running dune buggy service
- terrible fluorescent lighting in the rooms
- small windows
- loud music makes getting an early night impossible
Check Rates from our Partners
Carola del Sur Review
This place is party central—just follow the sounds of Bob Marley drifting on the night air and you'll be sure to end up here. Rooms are basic, but then again people don't come here to hang out in their rooms. Instead, they spend their time lounging by the pool, playing with (and rescuing their belongings from) Marvin, the resident spider monkey, and chowing down on great Peruvian and international food in the central bar and restaurant. Carola del Sur is affiliated with Casa de Arena just up the road, and together they run an extensive and professional dune buggy service.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Need opinions about a very basic question: Do we need a tour/guide in Peru?
Background information: We're a couple in our mid-40s, not particularly fit, but we do OK in most situations. We are extensively Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand.... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more