- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Refugio del Pirata
At a Glance
- central location in town
- terrific terrace with port views
- easy to organize tours via the affiliated travel agency on the ground floor
- no restaurant
- rooms lack style
Check Rates from our Partners
Refugio del Pirata Review
Friendly and terrifically located for those heading out to early-morning boat tours, this ramshackle guesthouse is popular with backpackers and tour groups alike. The slightly worn-looking rooms may be nothing to write home about, but the breakfast terrace with views over the port is the best spot in town to catch up on postcard writing or enjoy a pisco sour. Try to get a room with sea views; those that face the internal corridor are small and dark.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm aware many people have had problems trying to buy tickets to Machu Picchu on the government web site http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ including me.
Starting last weekend I made several attempts. At firs Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more