- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Restaurant Don Carlos
Restaurant Don Carlos Review
For a truly local experience, follow the crowds to this tiny restaurant, which dishes up tasty Peruvian meals in huge portions. The restaurant won't dazzle you with its design, but what it lacks in style it more than makes up for with home-style Peruvian cuisine just like your grandmother used to make (or your grandmother's Peruvian cousin). The set-lunch—a soup, a main course, and a drink—is a steal at only S/4.50 and you may need to fight to get a table. The menu changes daily but specialties include aji de gallina, chicken in creamy hollandaise sauce served with boiled rice and a sliced egg. There's no street sign; look for "Restaurant" painted over the door.
- Address: Calle Fermín del Castillo 375, Nazca
- Phone: 056/524–087
- Location: Nazca
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
We received terrible service from Peru Best Tours perubesttours .com
Myself and 3 friends just finished our Peru itinerary with this travel agency.
So what went wrong?
This might be quite a unique story. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more