The Southern Coast Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Southern Coast Restaurant Reviews
Casual dress is the order of the day. Reservations are seldom necessary. If you're on a budget, look for the excellent-value set menus at lunchtime, where a three-course meal can be as little as S/10. Throughout the south seafood is king, and your chef might blend local farm goods and the catch of the day with international seasonings. In Ica, try tejas, candies made of manjar blanco, a sweet, puddinglike milk spread. A treat available only during harvest festivals is cachina, a partially fermented wine.
Browse The Southern Coast Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe