- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
After the 2007 quake, Paracas quickly leapfrogged Pisco as the most important tourist hub on the south coast. Several major coastal resorts from big-name chains like Doubletree and Libertador (now part of Starwood) have since opened and others are planned. The small-town feel and cluster of petite inns and restaurants around a central fishing pier are still there, though for the passing tourist the exploring options have quadrupled. Apart from being the launching point for trips in the Paracas National Reserve and Islas Ballestas, this is a good base for pisco tasting or dune-buggy riding near Ica and for trips to the Nazca Lines.
Paracas at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's