The Southern Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Mysteries in the Desert. Marvel over the mysterious Nazca Lines, giant shapes and figures etched into the desert floor by an enigmatic ancient civilization, from the sky.
Island Life. Boats cruise around the Islas Ballestas for viewing sea lions, condors, flamingos, and millions of guano-producing seabirds in the Paracas National Reserve.
Fun with Grapes. Go wine tasting in the grape-growing valleys of Lunahuaná and Ica and sample Peru's most famous drink, pisco, in the best bodegas (traditional wineries).
Staying Seaside. Sprawling luxury coastal resorts have sprung up in Paracas. Kick back at the spa or infinity pool and enjoy these posh leisure palaces as bases for exploring area attractions.
Sandboarding. Test your nerve and skill sandboarding down the giant dunes at the oasis town of Huacachina, then nurse your injuries in the lagoon's magical healing waters.Updated: 06-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's