Train travel on PeruRail (www.perurail.com) is slow but scenic, and more relaxing than a bus blasting reggaeton. A Pullman train ticket means more comfort, not to mention a meal and increased security. The train only goes from Cusco to Puno. It's a popular way to take in the dramatic change of scenery as you ride over La Raya Pass at 4,315 meters (14,156 feet). The trip takes about nine hours and includes a stop at the highest point. For a full listing of PeruRail trips, check out www.perurail.com. It's now possible to book online.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's