- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The road between Arequipa and Puno has been paved, so instead of 20 hours the trip now takes only about six. Service is also good between Puno and Cusco, and so is the road between Puno and Copacabana in Bolivia. Cruz del Sur (www.cruzdelsur.com.pe), CIVA, Tour Peru, Inka Express, Flores, and Ormeño (www.grupo-ormeno.com.pe) have offices in Puno and Arequipa, and each runs multiple daily buses between the two cities. For your comfort and safety, take the best service you can afford. There has been crime on night buses from Arequipa to Nazca and from Puno to Cusco. Several bus companies sell tickets that go direct, so buy one of those or be prepared for a long slog during which drivers stop for every passerby. Bus stations in Peru are known for crime, mostly theft of your belongings, so always hold on to your bags.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's