Flights take between 30 minutes and an hour to fly anywhere in southern Peru, and a one-way ticket costs $50 to $150 USD. LAN (www.lan.com) has daily flights between Lima and Rodríguez Ballón Airport, 7 km (4½ miles) from Arequipa. Peruvian Airlines (www.peruvianairlines.com.pe), Taca (www.taca.com), and Star Peru (www.starperu.com) also have daily flights. Only LAN offers daily flights to Aeropuerto Manco Cápac in Juliaca, the closest airport to Puno and Lake Titicaca. It takes 45 minutes to drive from Juliaca to downtown Puno. Chilean Sky Airlines (www.skyairlines.cl) also flies between Arequipa and several destinations in northern Chile.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's