- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Nueva Palomino
La Nueva Palomino Review
Chef Monica Huertas, who uses many of the same classic recipes her mother and her grandmother used that date back more than a century, is one of the great promoters of Arequipeñan cuisine. Her preparations of regional standards such as rocoto relleno, adobo, lechón al horno (oven roasted pork), chupe de camarones, and queso helado have become the definitive recipes. This sprawling picanteria (simple, traditional restaurant) with a maze of pleasant patios and dining rooms is a great place to come to on the weekend and spend the entire day eating, drinking, and listening to live music.
- Address: Psje Leoncio Prado 122, Yanahuara
- Phone: 054/252–393
- Location: Arequipa
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm aware many people have had problems trying to buy tickets to Machu Picchu on the government web site http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/ including me.
Starting last weekend I made several attempts. At firs Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more