- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hostal Santa Catalina
At a Glance
- great place to meet other travelers
- central location
- friendly staff
- old furniture and bedding
- a bit noisy
- some communal bathrooms
Hostal Santa Catalina Review
This bright-yellow hostel (and it's very much like a youth hostel, minus the youth part) offers shared and private quarters. The clean rooms, friendly owners, dependable hot water, and laundry facilities attract repeat customers—mostly European—year-round, so call ahead for reservations. Check out the stunning views on the roof terrace, or kick back in the central courtyard and read your guidebook while your clothes hang to dry in the sunshine.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Peru - August 24 to Sept 15
As always, I am so grateful for the reports, advice, and wealth of knowledge available
on this forum when I start my trip planning. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I would really appreciate opinions on the hike of Huayna Picchu vs Machu Picchu Mountain (the old peak - not the citadel, not the sun gate).
In my research I'm getting conflicting info.
Everyone Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more