- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Plaza Review
A grand colonial dining room with hand-carved fixtures gives this restaurant a sense of old-world Europe. Prices are inversely proportional to the large portions, so try a hearty regional dish like chairo puneño (soup with dehydrated potatoes and beef), cuy, or trucha. A separate location named La Hosteria, two blocks away on Avenida Lima, has a similar menu.
- Address: Jr. Puno 425, Plaza de Armas Puno
- Phone: 051/366–871
- Location: Puno
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more