- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Casa de Melgar
At a Glance
- high on the charm scale
- garden is great for relaxing
- close to shops and restaurants
- rooms can get cold in rainy season
- some have thin walls
- front desk staff can be curt
Check Rates from our Partners
La Casa de Melgar Review
In a beautiful tiled courtyard surrounded by fragrant blossoms and dotted with trees is this 18th-century home, believed to have been the one-time temporary residence of Mariano Melgar, Peru's most romantic 19th-century poet. This bright blue-and-adobe-color Spanish colonial has double rooms that have towering, vaulted brick ceilings, as well as private baths with hot water. The single suite has an original cookstove from its early days. A small on-site café, Flor de Café, serves breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I've read many of the helpful posts here. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more