- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Casa de Mama Yacchi
At a Glance
- delicious food
- good water pressure and pillows
- gets cold
- far from Cruz del Condor
Check Rates from our Partners
La Casa de Mama Yacchi Review
Perhaps the best food around, and the best pillows, too. Owned by the same folks of Casa de Mi Abuela in Arequipa, this rustic thatched-roof hotel is a great economical choice. Its main lodge is cozy, the restaurant specializes in local fare, such as the alpaca barbecue, and there's a good bar. The rooms are simple bungalows with standard beds and excellent bedding. On the north rim, in Coporaque, it's very peaceful. Horseback riding and hikes can be arranged daily.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Heading for lovely Peru in April and looking for suggestions for the confusing Cusco area. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more