- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mercado Artesanal Review
Model reed boats, small stone carvings, and alpaca-wool articles are among the local crafts sold near the Port at Puno's Mercado Artesanal. If you find you aren't dressed for Puno's chilly evenings, it's the place to buy a good woolen poncho for less than $10 USD. Open 8–6. Make sure you know where your wallet or purse is while you're snapping a photo of the colorful market.
- Address: Av. Simon Bolivar and Jr. El Puerto, Puno
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Puno
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently went on a 12 day "Kaleidoscope" tour of Peru and highly recommend. Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I'm looking to spend 3 weeks in SA. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more