- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Pozo del Cielo
At a Glance
- hot-water bottles at bedtime for extra warmth
- on the outskirts of Chivay
- good views
- must walk outside to get to breakfast
- no closets
Check Rates from our Partners
Pozo del Cielo Review
Across the river on top of a hill on the outskirts of Chivay sits one of the most quaint lodges in the valley. A series of chalets are made of adobe, wood, and stone. Simple rooms have beds piled with warm blankets and include a modern bathroom. The dark-wood window shades and low wooden doorways seem out of a fairy tale. All rooms lead to the main lodge by narrow, outdoor cobbled stone pathways. In the lodge the restaurant is composed of endless windows and an adobe fireplace. The views over Chivay, the valley, and volcanoes are stunning. Good Novo Andino food is served and there's always hot tea.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
My boyfriend and I (early 30's) are planning a 6 month plus tour of South America and have some questions about Peru that we hope forum members will be able to hep us with.
Basically we want to experience Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more