- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Mesón del Virrey
El Mesón del Virrey Review
This spacious upscale restaurant is donned in antiqued Spanish-colonial motif. The meat-heavy menu is infused with Italian and coastal influences. Quinoa con camarones (quinoa with shrimp) is one of the best dishes in Arequipa. Much like a risotto, the quinoa is cooked in a creamy tomato sauce with vegetables and a large fresh jumbo-size shrimp that looks more like a lobster. Lamb, beef, alpaca, and ostrich can also be enjoyed. The pisco sour is one of the best around. Hear live music nightly from 8 to 10.
- Address: San Francisco 305, Arequipa
- Phone: 054/202–080
- Location: Arequipa
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more