- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Casa del Corregidor
La Casa del Corregidor Review
Reconstructed more than five times, this 17th-century colonial, once a chaplaincy, is now a brightly colored cultural center. It was originally home to Silvestre de Valdés, a Catholic priest who served as a corregidor (a Spanish official who acts as governor, judge, and tax collector) and oversaw construction of the nearby Catedral. The house had a long history of changing owners until its present owner, Sra. Ana Maria Piño Jordán, bought it at public auction. Now a vibrant cultural locale, with an arts cooperative, it houses a fair-trade café and a few upscale handicraft stores. The exhibition hall displays works by local artists and hosts music events.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more