- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- a hospitable staff speaks English
- free coca tea is always on hand
- great water pressure
- dark decor
- small bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Colon Inn Review
With an air of old Europe, this Belgian-owned 19th-century republican-era inn is draped in dark mahogany wood and colonial furnishings. But at the center of this three-story hotel is a sky-lighted atrium with overflowing greenery and several tables. Rooms are clean and comfortable with outdated flowery comforters. Room sizes vary, from tiny to extra large, so ask to see your options. On the top floor a bar carries an impressive selection of European wines. The small restaurant prepares a quality breakfast buffet. Both venues prepare meals throughout the day.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I will be spending a night in Lima at the end of my Peru trip. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more