The Southern Andes and Lake Titicaca Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Southern Andes and Lake Titicaca Restaurant Reviews
You can find everything from cuy (guinea pig) to wood-fired pizza at the many excellent restaurants in Arequipa and Puno, where cuisine ranges from sophisticated Novo Andino cuisine to traditional fare and international grub. Food in Arequipa is known for strong, fresh flavors, from herbs and spices to vegetables served with native Andean foods like alpaca steaks. In the mountains the cool, thin Andean air calls for hearty, savory soups and heaps and heaps of carbs in the form of the potato. Whether they're fried, boiled, baked, with cheese, in soup, or alone, potatoes you will be eating. In Puno fresh fish from the lake is served in almost every restaurant. Puno also has a special affection for adobe-oven, wood-fired pizza.
Browse The Southern Andes and Lake Titicaca Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's