Tour Operators in Chivay
Bio Bio Expeditions. The king of all kayaking and rafting operators around the world, Bio Bio Expeditions puts on multiday runs down the Colca and Cotahuasi rivers. All guides are trained in first aid and swiftwater rescue. Jerusalén 408-A, Arequipa. 800/246–7238. www.bbxrafting.com.
Apumayo Expediciones. Class IV, V, and VI rafting adventures through the Colca Canyon are operated May through September by Apumayo Expediciones. Garcilaso 316-A, Cusco. 084/246–018. www.apumayo.com.
There are ATMs in Chivay but nowhere else in the Colca Canyon or valley area. Soles and U.S. dollars (no bills larger than $10 USD) are accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's