- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Safety and Precautions
Wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a hat, sunscreen, a Spanish dictionary, some small change, and a good map of town. Be street-smart in the Arequipa market area—access your cash discreetly and keep your valuables close. At 2,300 meters (7,500 feet), Arequipa is quite high. If you're coming directly from Lima or from the coast, carve out a day or two for acclimatization.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's