Getting Here and Around in Arequipa
Getting Here and Around
Arequipa's airport is large, and it's easy to hail a taxi to your hotel. Many hotels also offer pickup and drop-off. The cost is about S/15.
Walking is the best option around the city center. Most sights, shops, and restaurants are near the Plaza de Armas. For a quick, cheap tour, spend S/5 and catch a Vallecito bus for a 1½-hour circuit around Calles Jerusalén and San Juan de Díos. Taxis are everywhere, and cost about S/3–S/6 to get around the center or to Vallecito.
Arequipa has two bus terminals side by side on Avenida Ibañez and Avenida Andrés Avelino Cáceres. Most people leave out of the older Terminal Terreste, where most bus companies have offices, while the newer terminal Terrapuerto sees less traffic.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's