- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Condor Travel and Mayte Tours both organize tours to the ruins around Trujillo. Clara Bravo and Michael White are great guides for Trujillo, and also lead trips farther afield. Moche Toursis one of Chiclayo's best tour companies for trips to the Tomb of Señor Sipán.
There are many tour companies in Huaraz; Monttrek is among the best, arranging rafting, trekking, and mountain-climbing expeditions. Clarín Tours is said to be one of Cajamarca's best. In Piura, call Piura Tours.
In Chachapoyas, contact Vilaya Tours. The company arranges tours to Kuélap, as well as to the remote ruins of Gran Vilaya, which requires a 31-km (19-mile) hike, and to the Pueblo de Los Muertos, which requires a 23-km (14-mile) hike.
Clara Bravo and Michael White (Cahuide 495, Trujillo. 044/243–347. trujilloperu.xanga.com.)
Clarín Tours (Del Batán 161, Cajamarca. 076/366–829. www.clarintours.com.)
Condor Travel (Jr. Independencia 553, Trujillo. 044/254–763; 877/236–7199 in U.S. www.condortravel.com.)
Mayte Tours (Jr. San Martín 131, Tumbes. 07/278–2532. www.maytetours.com.)
Moche Tours (7 de Enero 638, Chiclayo. 074/232-184. www.mochetourschiclayo.com.pe.)
Monttrek (Av. Luzuriaga 646, Huaraz. 043/42-1121. www.monttrek.com.pe.)
Piura Tours (Jr. Ayacucho 585, Piura. 073/326–778.)
Vilaya Tours (Jr. Grau 624, Chachapoyas. 041/477–506. www.vilayatours.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's