- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Travel from one geographic region to another is quite challenging and only recommended for those without time constraints. Instead, choose a region and explore accordingly: for the North Coast, travel from archeological ruins to the beach in a south-north direction; for Huaraz and the Cordillera Blanca, use the town of Huaraz as your focal point—from there discover glaciers, snow-capped peaks, and natural hot springs; for the Northern Highlands, fly to Cajamarca to begin discovering the gateway to the Amazon.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com