Sights & Attractions in The North Coast and Northern Highlands
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Things to Do in Huaraz
A popular day trip from Huaraz is a visit to the Pastoruri Glacier...
Jirón José Olaya
To see Huaraz's colonial remnants, head to Jirón José Olaya...
|Historic Districts / Sites||Huaraz|
For a pungent look at Andean culture, head to the Mercado Central...
|Markets / Bazaars||Huaraz|
Mirador de Retaquenua
The lookout point has an excellent view of Huaraz, the Río Santa...
Museo Arqueológico de Ancash
The small Museo Arqueológico de Ancash displays some very unique...
|Museums / Galleries||Huaraz|
Plaza de Armas
Every few years, as a new mayor is elected, the town gets an...
North of the city is a small archaeological site called Wilcahuaín...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's