Sights & Attractions in The North Coast and Northern Highlands
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Things to Do in Huaraz
A popular day trip from Huaraz is a visit to the Pastoruri Glacier...
Jirón José Olaya
To see Huaraz's colonial remnants, head to Jirón José...
|Historic Districts / Sites||Huaraz|
For a pungent look at Andean culture, head to the Mercado Central...
|Markets / Bazaars||Huaraz|
Mirador de Retaquenua
The lookout point has an excellent view of Huaraz, the Río...
Museo Arqueológico de Ancash
The small Museo Arqueológico de Ancash displays some very...
|Museums / Galleries||Huaraz|
Plaza de Armas
Every few years, as a new mayor is elected, the town gets an...
North of the city is a small archaeological site called Wilcahuaín...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com