- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Sirena D'Juan
La Sirena D'Juan Review
While most of the restaurants in town offer backpacker grub, this narrow restaurant serves coastal Peruvian cuisine that rivals that of many of the top restaurants in the capital. Chef Juan Seminario, who attended culinary school in Lima, sources local ingredients, riding his motorcycle to the local market to pick up produce and working directly with artisinal fisherman. Mediterranean and Asian elements find their way into dishes such as a Nikkei style tiradito (sashimi-style fish with a spicy sauce) and house-made pastas. Despite being the best offering in town, prices are lower here than at most hotel restaurants. Check out the offfshoot tapas bar and cafe, Sirena Cafe Lounge, opened by Seminario and a partner at Avenida Piura 326.
- Address: Av. Piura 316, Piura
- Phone: 073/258-173
- Location: Piura
- Closed Wed. and Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
All of sudden our confirmed booking for the Machu Pichu Sanctuary lodge has gone from confirmed to wait listed !! ?? Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives ? Money not really any object.
cheers Read more
· News & Features
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more