- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Museo Nacional Sicán
Museo Nacional Sicán Review
Although the Museo Nacional Sicán offers insight into the culture of the Sicán people, there are also unique exhibits on such topics as the El Niño effect and where the pre-Incan civilizations fit into world history. Visual timelines hammer home just how far back Peruvian history goes. See the exhibits introducing the Sicán (also known as the Lambayeque), including everything from common eating utensils to ceremonial burial urns, models of what their homes might have looked like, and a central room full of treasures from this coastal culture renowned for its amazing headdresses and masks.
- Address: Av. Batán Grande, Ferreñafe
- Phone: 074/286–469
- Cost: S/8
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 9–5
- Location: Ferreñafe
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
I'm looking to spend 3 weeks in SA. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more