- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- central location
- beautiful architecture
- some rooms are better than others
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Libertador Review
On the Plaza de Armas, this elegant, upscale hotel is the best choice in Trujillo. It offers beautiful colonial architecture, room details like pre-Colombian designs, locally tooled leather and wood furniture, and wrought-iron wall lamps, along with all the modern amenities. Look at your room in advance as some are smaller and don't have much natural light. If you fancy people-watching, ask for a room in the front with a small balcony facing the street.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
I was planning this trip for a very long time. Read more
Trip planning is coming along and now am trying to pin down timeline and hoping those of you who have done the same will give more advice. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more