- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Patio de Monterrey
At a Glance
- close to the city
- luxurious country-estate
- you may not see much else while you're here
Check Rates from our Partners
El Patio de Monterrey Review
A lovely hacienda built in the colonial style, El Patio is a great lodging option for those wishing to stay in the country, yet it's only 6 km (4 mi) from Huaraz. Whitewashed walls, wooden beams, hand-painted tiles, greenery and flowers everywhere, and a delightful stone patio make this one of the area's loveliest lodgings. The antiques-filled rooms have a clean, provincial look. There's a small chapel here, as priests originally built the hacienda. A taxi from here to Huaraz is about S/8-10 so a car is not a necessity.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
My girlfriend and I are planning on a ~1 month budget trip to Colombia and Peru beginning early May. Read more
· News & Features
This summer in Alaska, small ship cruise line Un-Cruise Adventures is offering seven theme cruises, highlighting ... Read more
When it comes to travel grooming on a beach vacation, some careful planning is in order.... Read more
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more