- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Picanteria La Santitos
Picanteria La Santitos Review
If you ask anyone in Piura the best place to go for typical dishes they'll tell you to go to the nearby town of Catacaos. If you want to stay in town, they'll tell you to come here. Two dining rooms with cracked white walls—one air conditioned, one not—and waitresses in flowing peasant dresses make the setting for Piuran and regional dishes like tamales verdes (green tamales) and seco de chavelo (fried green bananas and pork) memorable. Wash everything down with an algarobbina, a pisco based cocktail flavored with the syrup from the area's algarobbo trees.
- Address: La Libertad 1001, Piura
- Phone: 074/309–475
- Location: Piura
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more