- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- extensive facilities for a low price
- location is on a highly-trafficked main road
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Chavín Review
A full-service hotel at bargain prices, this is the best deal in Barranca. The plain concrete six-story hotel provides wood-floored rooms (ask for one in the rear if noise is a concern) and a decent restaurant serving criollo food. The staff is well-trained and detail-oriented. To relax, dip into the pool and swim up to the poolside bar, the hotel's best feature. One of the few safe places to go out at night is the Karaoke Hotel Chavín, in back of the first floor.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The last leg of an eight month rtw which started in Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Germany and Austria...details about our other legs are at www.greenleycoffeebreak.com.
We flew from Munich, Read more
This is a continuation of my report on the Argentina forum, Salta.
Below is a cut and paste from my blog, edited with details of costs and names of hotels for people who may be interested.
Its a long Read more
Need opinions about a very basic question: Do we need a tour/guide in Peru?
Background information: We're a couple in our mid-40s, not particularly fit, but we do OK in most situations. We are extensively Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more